Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mongui


This is a very old photograph of my grandmother and my grandfather back in Cuba. Unfortunately, my grandfather who I and my entire family called "Mongui," passed away in September of 2005. His passing came as a surprise to all of us, as he was in good health. Moreover, it took away a person who I Loved so very much. He and I were very close. There is not a day that goes by that I dont think of him or wish that he was still alive. I know they say time heals all wounds, but in my case, it seems to be working at an alarmingly slow pace. Sometimes, on rare occassions, I dream with him. I am extremely grateful for these dreams. I figure, if I can grow up to be half the man he was, then I'd think that I've done alright.

On another note, the other person in the photograph, is my grandmother Sonia who I actually saw earlier today. I am grateful to have her in my life and to be able to spend time with her (basically) whenever I want. In short, spend time with your parents and grandparents. Learn and listen from them...I'm serious! The older generations usually have better stories.

Sincerely,

Ray

No comments: