Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Currently brewing: Starbucks Italian Roast


"'Italian Roast by Starbucks Coffee'
This sturdy Latin American blend is less complex than Espresso Roast and not as intensely smoky as French Roast. Nonetheless, it's a potent, bold cup of coffee."

All this time, I thought I was drinking authentic Italian Coffee. Excuse my Internet/Miami angst, but "WTF bro?" Why name it Italian Roast if none of it comes from Italy? Either way, its darn good coffee. Its so good, that it draws the attention of my Cuban family that mostly drinks Cuban coffee or "Cafe Con Leche" or anything with a kick. The pseudo Italian Roast (as I am now calling it) is having them consider the ways of the traditional, perhaps "Americano" style of brewing coffee. No more "agua sucia," for locations such as Starbucks, Whole Foods, Dean&Deluca and many others are serving up some serious brews.

I would also like to add that coffee is one of the things that I hold dear to my heart. The very act of consuming it, especially the first sip of the day, has a way of putting me in my place. I enjoy every aspect of the caffeine experience, from purchasing the beans to grinding them up and then brewing them, its simply a "zen-like" feeling. Perhaps I'm taking this too far, but anyone who knows me, knows that I sometimes babble too much about this sort of thing. With that said, there is no real point to this entry, other than I Love coffee and that I wish this existed:

No comments: