Friday, April 10, 2009

Chester French




Earlier this week I saw Chester French perform a free acoustic show at Culture Kings in the Design District. For those that don't know who Chester French are, then I urge you, URGE YOU to check them out. In short, they're a dynamic duo of wit, swagger and charm that got signed to Star Track Records in their Senior of college. Their music is (how do I put this?), the love child of The Beatles, The Beach Boys & N.E.R.D. Perhaps that's not even a good enough explanation. In all honesty, they write extremely catchy and hilariously thought provoking music. I discovered them about a year ago through the infamous Johnny Cupcakes, and I've been hooked ever since.

Like my post started off, Chester French's performance at Culture Kings was my first time ever seeing them and my girlfriend's first time ever hearing them. I am grateful for the opportunity to have witnessed them in such an intimate setting. Moreover, they came across as polite and humble people. Please check out their website and download their FREE (yes FREE) mix tape. The tape will wet your appetite for their full length release which is due out on the 21st of this month. So please, sit back and enjoy.

Cheers,

Ray

No comments: