Monday, July 21, 2008

Amigos

So cheg it: I got these friends that are pretty talented and I think everyone that reads this (if anyone reads this) should check them out. The reason I’d like to present some of these people is because they are genuinely talented. They are artists who are relentless in the pursuit for refining their craft. Somehow, they find the beauty in many of the things that other people take for granted. Their ability to take these things and make them noticeable to the rest of the world never ceases to astonish me. So without further ado, I present some of my friends.

Jamie Tao is an extremely talented graphic designer who now works as an Art Director of an Ad Agency in Miami, FL. Besides being a rad friend, she’s been a tremendous help to Delpaxton. She designed our previous website and continues to help with our artwork, posters, and just about everything else. We don’t complain, we just let her do her thing. Her website is http://www.jamietao.com/ Here’s a sample of a poster she made for us:




Jorge Vargas or “Chili” as we call him, is the busiest laidback person I’ve ever met. Besides working as a graphic designer, he manages to create his own art as well. He’s a talented photographer, photo shopper, musician, and hilarious home moviemaker. He and I are very close and have shared a lot of good times. He doesn’t have a website, but you can message me and I’ll put you in contact with him. Here’s a sample of a skateboard he made for our friend Joe:






David Estrada is just a bad ass, he’s a brilliant filmmaker, photographer, and musician (he’s an honorary member of any band I’m a part of). He takes any worthwhile opportunity that comes his way. He’s currently living in Alaska, and prior to that he lived in New York (where he participated in numerous projects). He’s also lived in Orlando, FL where he studied film at UCF and taught there. You can check out some of his short films along with those of his friends by clicking here: FANTACINE

Shane Perez is my oldest friend of the bunch. He and I used to have a band when we were kids and now we’re very close because of it. Shane currently lives in New York and is involved in numerous projects. Photography being is his main endeavor. His photographs never bore me, for they always make my eyes open up and my mouth ask “How did you do that?” He’s got numerous websites, here are a few: http://www.shaneperez.com/ and Model Mayhem

Hope you enjoy,

Ray

No comments: