Thursday, July 24, 2008

Radio-Active Records


This morning my singer Mike and I took a drive up to Ft. Lauderdale to visit a record store which he's been raving about since his last visit. It's called Radio-Active Records, and they're located (for those of you in South Florida) off of I-95 and Sunrise Blvd. The place has got some serious shit, seriously. They have great deals, great finds, and even a stage out back where they host bands every Saturday night. The joint kind of has this "Empire Records" vibe, and I dig that. ALOT. Anyway, I found some neat stuff: "Frampton Comes Alive" (its a classic which I should've owned by now); The Beatles "Help" (the movie version, Mike bought the British version); Frank Sinatra and Antonio Carlos Jobim; "Friday Night In San Francisco" featuring Al Di Meola, Paco De Lucia and John Mclaughlin. From there, we took a further drive to another record store called "The CD Collector of Pompano." They've got some seriously good condition vinyls for great prices. I recomment that YOU take a drive up (or down) and visit these locations.

On a side note, I feel that music is becoming harder to find in its physical form these days. I dont know about you, but the bands that I LOVE, the bands that I stand in line for, I buy their records. I love having a tangible product that I can see and touch...even smell. I am completely blown away by older music. I get so excited sometimes because these recordings are older than I am. Its fascinating to be able to listen to music the way my parents, grandparents, and even great grandparents listened to music. Call me crazy, but I think that some music is just better on vinyl. Anyway, get out there and buy some records. Support your local stores and your local musicians (like me).

Regards,

Ray

No comments: